Our Inclusion Vision is for every pupil in our School to achieve the most successful individual outcomes, educationally, socially, in their personal life, and within their local community, and for their unique needs to be recognised and met as early as possible. Our Accessibility Plan intends to achieve this vision by empowering these pupils to achieve all that they can.
Our aim is for every pupil to:
- develop the necessary skills and knowledge to respond effectively to the challenges of the future
- be confident; have a strong sense of right and wrong; be adaptable and resilient
- develop as an independent learner who takes responsibility for his/her own learning, and who questions, reflects and perseveres in the pursuit of learning
- be able to contribute, work and communicate effectively with others, and to strive for excellence.
We believe that our parents, carers and School should work together to provide the best and most accessible opportunities for our pupils, and we will do all we can to ensure that any barriers to learning and participation that can hinder or exclude are removed.
We will ensure that we:
- develop our School culture, policies and practice in order to include all our pupils
- access the right training and ongoing professional development to enable our continued focus on the process of further developing inclusion
- found our inclusive approach on respect for difference and a commitment to building relationships that benefit every child and young person
- offer all our pupils excellence, choice, flexible and appropriate support and support and facilitate the inclusion of their views.
To read the Accessibility Plan in full, please click here.